In 1999, Juneau voters passed a proposition assigning a tax of $5 per cruise ship passenger to assist in funding projects that enhance the tourism experience and offset community impacts created by the cruise ship industry, including use of emergency services, transportation and recreation infrastructure. The Memorandum of Agreement between CBJ and Cruise Lines International Association Alaska that was signed in March clarifies how CBJ and CLIAA agreed to resolve the use of passenger fees. Proposers should read and understand that MOA prior to submitting ideas.
More on AkGlobe News
- Braeden Lichti: The Complicated World of Biotech Investments in the Era of COVID-19
- Juneau: Celebrating this Memorial Day weekend
- As state reports another COVID-19 case in Juneau, efforts to slow spread are far from over
- Alaska: HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
- Capgemini UK Plc Breaches GDPR Regulations
The City Manager will develop a draft recommendation list of projects to be funded by Marine Passenger Fee proceeds by January 15. The public will then have 30 days to comment on the list of recommended projects. All Marine Passenger Fee project proposals and comments will be forwarded along with the City Manager's recommendation list to the Assembly Finance Committee for review, and then to the Assembly for consideration during the upcoming budget cycle.
Proposals must be submitted by January 2, 2020 to email@example.com or the City Manager's Office, attention Susan Phillips, 155 S. Seward Street, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
More information about the Marine Passenger Fee program, including project proposals from previous years, can be found on the City Manager's website, under Special Projects.
For more information, contact Susan Phillips in the City Manager's Office at 586-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Alaska: Governor to Host Virtual Town Hall Series
- Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- Juneau: People of CBJ: Meg Elliott
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
- Juneau: Valley Library reopens May 28, Downtown & Douglas Libraries reopen May 31
- Amazing New Kids' Show Born of COVID - Full of Laughter and Surprising Depth
- Stratum Nutrition® Welcomes Kyle Haws as Regional Operations Manager
- Dove Bennett Teams up With Local West Covina Residents to Provide Hot Meals During Quarantine
- CarHop Closing Pennsylvania Locations
- Two New Studies Confirm BLIS M18™ Effective Against Black Teeth Staining
- Colorado Functional Chewing Gum Brands Now Available Touch-Free; The New Normal is Helping to Expand a New Category
- New Book Offers Hands-On Guidance to Female Investors at Early Stage of Investing
- Green Energy Exchange Closes Financing with Shell Energy
- NS4ed Designs a Customized Career Readiness Portal for National Rural Education Association
- Lineus Medical Awarded Key Patent
- Alaska: 🎥📷 5/20 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Alaska: 2020 PFD to Begin Distribution July 1
- Juneau: Updated budget balancing tool & childcare on tonight's Assembly Finance Committee agenda
- Alaska: Governor Issues Statement on Legislative Action on CARES Act Funding