In 1999, Juneau voters passed a proposition assigning a tax of $5 per cruise ship passenger to assist in funding projects that enhance the tourism experience and offset community impacts created by the cruise ship industry, including use of emergency services, transportation and recreation infrastructure. The Memorandum of Agreement between CBJ and Cruise Lines International Association Alaska that was signed in March clarifies how CBJ and CLIAA agreed to resolve the use of passenger fees. Proposers should read and understand that MOA prior to submitting ideas.
More on AkGlobe News
- John Gilbert of Rudin Management to Keynote at Connected Real Estate Summit
- Sage IT celebrates milestone with Forbes Technology Council
- Is "Trump and His Magic Wand" really worth 150 Million?
- Alaska: Governor Introduces Priority Setting Budget
- Juneau: During Pederson Hill land lottery, six lots available, six lots taken
The City Manager will develop a draft recommendation list of projects to be funded by Marine Passenger Fee proceeds by January 15. The public will then have 30 days to comment on the list of recommended projects. All Marine Passenger Fee project proposals and comments will be forwarded along with the City Manager's recommendation list to the Assembly Finance Committee for review, and then to the Assembly for consideration during the upcoming budget cycle.
Proposals must be submitted by January 2, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or the City Manager's Office, attention Susan Phillips, 155 S. Seward Street, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
More information about the Marine Passenger Fee program, including project proposals from previous years, can be found on the City Manager's website, under Special Projects.
For more information, contact Susan Phillips in the City Manager's Office at 586-5240 or email@example.com.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- ACEINNA Launches New Current Sensing Article for Embedded Power Systems
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- Juneau: Homer City Manager Katie Koester will be CBJ's new Public Works & Engineering Director
- Juneau: Following ballot measure vote, bed tax rate to increase Jan. 1
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Announces Four Judicial Appointments
- Juneau: Register by Dec. 9 to participate in Pederson Hill Fixed Price Lottery