- Alaska: Dunleavy Announces Proposal for Use of Federal American Rescue Plan Act Funds
- Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples Real Estate Broker CEO Is Concerned About The 17 Million Americans Behind on Their Mortgage Payments
- Fairbanks: 2021 STORM WATER WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT
The Roche Analyzer can run 1,200 tests per day with an up to 24-hour turnaround time. For the time being, the lab anticipates analyzing about 40 per day. The amount of testing that can currently be done is limited by the supply of reagent chemicals to run tests for the virus. The goal is to soon expand up to 100+ tests per day or about 940 tests per week.
More on AkGlobe News
- DotCom Magazine Reveals Small Business to Receive Their 2021 Most Impactful Business Award
- Ragin' Cajun FoodsTM Launches Bold New Look
- Liquid Core® Gum Company Introduces Life's Gum®, Formulated to Help Reduce Brain Fog and Get People Back to Living Their Lives
- Terri Ross to Present Educational Workshop on KPIs at 'The Aesthetic Meeting 2021' on May 1st
- Syxsense Announces New Security Families in Syxsense Secure
"We are looking to increase testing," said Lab Director John Fortin. "The more testing we can do in the community as a whole, the more cost effective."
Fortin and Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist Robin Marks answered U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski's questions about the newly built and installed BRH molecular lab at her visit on Tuesday, February 16. The senator expressed interest in how the federal government might help with long-term financial assistance. According to Fortin, operating costs of the reference lab could run into thousands of dollars per week.
The goal is to use as many local supply vendors as possible. Test collection kits are being produced and purchased through Admiralty Environmental.
As BRH firms up its processes, the lab may also support testing of legislators in town for session, and may open to other entities. BRH will continue to use the Cepheid analyzer for smaller batches of in-house tests from i.e. the Emergency Department or Obstetrics.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- CBJ reports five new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- Juneau's 14-day COVID-19 recap: April 5 – April 18
- Team Melo Prepares to Make Noise at Pitt Jam Fest
- Alaska: A Proclamation on the Death of Walter Mondale
- Uncommon Investment Advisors Introduces First ETF
- Cleanroom Wipe Dispenser Improves Process in Labs and Cleanrooms
- SiteOne Services Named Best Home Building Customer Support Software by BUILD Magazine
- Concept Reply partners with IOTech to enhance its Industry 4.0 edge computing portfolio
- Thiel College launches innovative Communication and Leadership Master's degree program
- JFK honored as "First Irish-Catholic President" in New Bill
- CBJ reports two new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- Alaska: Dunleavy Joins Florida CDC Cruise Industry Shutdown Lawsuit
- Juneau: Comment on proposed CBJ budget at April 21 Special Assembly Meeting
- AUA College of Medicine, Carson-Newman University Pen Admissions Agreement
- Repeater Communications/InSite Wireless Group Alum Announce the Formation of RCG Tower Group, LLC
- ProStrategix Proud To Announce Being Chosen Again as a Top Web Design Agency by DesignRush
- A Urban Morgan Productions Inc. debuts its latest feature film "Deception," directed by Justin Williams
- New Website For Pop Art Phenomenon 'Whatshisname'
- Build remote and flexible Supply Chain solutions with Stockarea
- Visit Alaska's National Parks and Reap Exclusive Savings with Alaska TourSaver App