This year that means in addition to the normal safety measures – such as planning ahead, carrying extra supplies, being fire-wise and not driving distracted – follow these COVID-19 precautions to keep yourself and family safe:
WASH YOUR HANDS – If you don't have access to soap and water, make sure you bring and use hand sanitizer
MAINTAIN YOUR DISTANCE – Stay at least 6' feet away from others not in your household
WEAR A FACE COVERING – Carry one with you and use it when you're around others and can't maintain 6' of distance
STAY HOME IF YOU'RE SICK – It may alter your plans, but please don't go out if you feel sick, even with mild symptoms. Call either your primary health care provider or Juneau's COVID-19 Screening Hotline at 586-6000, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
More on AkGlobe News
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Applauds Forest Service on Roadless Rule milestone
- 6-Year Old First-Time Author Kai Mahalyn Tampol
- Powerstage Sports Nutrition Launches New Supplements Brand for the Athlete in All of Us!
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
In addition, the Juneau Police Department will increase the number of officers working throughout the weekend to conduct extra patrol activities with special focus on traffic safety, DUI enforcement, and public safety out the road. The Mobile Incident Command Vehicle will be staffed and deployed out the road Saturday afternoon through Monday morning. Everyone is encouraged to wear seatbelts, observe speed limits, avoid distracted driving, and call for safe and sober rides if needed.
When we all take responsibility for our actions, we're all safer and healthier. And don't forget the reason we celebrate the Memorial Day holiday is to remember and honor the men and women who have died while serving in military. CBJ Offices will be CLOSED Monday, May 25, 2020 in honor of the Memorial Day Holiday. Regular business hours (8 am – 4:30 pm) will resume on Tuesday, May 26.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
- Patton Announces the World's Smallest, Lowest-Cost eSBC for SoHo and SME
- CBJ reports four new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- Juneau Assembly approves diversity resolution & funds Systemic Racism Review Committee
- QUByte Connect 2020 - Digital Event by QUByte Interactive
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Juneau: October 1, 2020 Special Assembly Meeting – Legislation up for Public Hearing
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Alaska: Falls Prevention Awareness Day
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony