"Community efforts to create more assisted living housing opportunities for Juneau residents has been ongoing for almost a decade. Securing the property for this purpose is a big step toward making it a reality," Chief Housing Officer Scott Ciambor said.
Assisted living is defined as a residential setting where staff is available 24 hours a day to help individuals with activities of daily living. The number of Juneau residents age 85 and older, the demographic that tends to require the highest level of long-term care, is expected to increase almost fivefold to about 1,400 by 2042, the study says. Assisted living options available for seniors in Juneau, other than the Pioneer Home, are scarce to nonexistent.
More on AkGlobe News
- Alaska: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
CBJ purchased the property for about $1.5 million. At the August 26 Assembly Committee of the Whole meeting, the Assembly will discuss the process of selling the property in a manner that attracts a senior assisted living housing developer.
For more information, contact CBJ Chief Housing Officer Scott Ciambor at 586-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- Juneau: New Eaglecrest Summer Operations Task Force scheduled to meet Dec. 12
- Juneau: Opening Day at Eaglecrest is Saturday, Dec. 7
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Looks Back on First Year in Office
- Large Independent Multi-Center Clinical Trial with Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Confirms Results in 7 Days
- Juneau: Parks & Recreation wants public input on proposed changes to commercial use regulations
- PRNFamily Funky New Year 2020 at Paisley Park Honoring Prince Music Genius and Philanthropy
- Florida Mediator Matthew Graduates Harvard Law School Negotiation Master Class
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- Juneau: Items coming up for Public Hearing at December 16, 2019 Regular Assembly Meeting
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- JustCall Ranked 5th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019
- Durante Rentals Appoints Baron Selman as Sales Manager
- Bid Ops Announces Waitlist for Free Sourcing Enablement Platform