"Community efforts to create more assisted living housing opportunities for Juneau residents has been ongoing for almost a decade. Securing the property for this purpose is a big step toward making it a reality," Chief Housing Officer Scott Ciambor said.
Assisted living is defined as a residential setting where staff is available 24 hours a day to help individuals with activities of daily living. The number of Juneau residents age 85 and older, the demographic that tends to require the highest level of long-term care, is expected to increase almost fivefold to about 1,400 by 2042, the study says. Assisted living options available for seniors in Juneau, other than the Pioneer Home, are scarce to nonexistent.
More on AkGlobe News
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- JMN Logistics and Transportation Announces Largest One-Time Asset Investment in Company History Adding 16 New Trucks
- B & D Precision Selects Local Advertising Company For Marketing
- Menufy Taps into Postmates to Increase On-Demand Business for Restaurants
- Wipe Data on Android with new iShredder Android GOVERNMENT and ENTERPRISE edition
CBJ purchased the property for about $1.5 million. At the August 26 Assembly Committee of the Whole meeting, the Assembly will discuss the process of selling the property in a manner that attracts a senior assisted living housing developer.
For more information, contact CBJ Chief Housing Officer Scott Ciambor at 586-0220 or email@example.com.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- CEO Coaching International Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Celebrated Author Richard C. Morais to Keynote Cultural Vistas Awards Gala
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- Refereum rewards Dauntless players over USD $3,000 in prizes
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- Juneau: Downtown wayfinding signage will feature local voices and stories
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- Threshold Named among the Nation's Top Companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- Destiny Carries & LFG Wins Praise for Offering First-Class Destiny Carries and boosting for all Destiny Players
- Evolve IP® Named For Seventh Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
- Transcend Security Secures High Rank On Acclaimed Inc. 5000 List Of The Fastest Growing Private Companies In America for 2019