Expanded criteria for testing now includes fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Asymptomatic individuals are still not being tested unless directed to do so by the state's Division of Public Health. Previously, in order to be tested, criteria included hospitalization, living in a long-term care facility, or travel.
Individuals with a primary care provider are strongly encouraged to call them first. Your provider may arrange for testing and evaluation or refer you to the CCFR testing center. If you do not have a primary health care provider, are unable to contact them, or your provider is unable to perform the testing, call the CCFR COVID-19 screening hotline, 586-6000, daily from noon to 6 p.m. Testing will be arranged if appropriate.
More on AkGlobe News
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
The BRH Laboratory helped streamline the testing process and medium by which samples are collected and sent to State of Alaska Epidemiology labs or private labs out of state. Patients can now be routed to one central location for testing, reducing turnaround time for results. "This is a great resource for our community to potentially identify people and really emphasize quarantining," Lab Director John Fortin said.
Fortin's goal is to get test kits in-house at Bartlett: "We are planning on having a test available, but that release will be very limited until manufacturing can catch up. Currently no time frame is established, but we are updated weekly. We are in a supply and demand situation with the rest of the nation."
For more information, contact Fire Chief Rich Etheridge at (907) 586-0251 or Rich.Etheridge@juneau.org.
For more local news, information, and resources to help keep Juneau safe and healthy, go to juneau.org/covid-19 and BRH's COVID-19 page.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer
- Certified Nutraceuticals , Inc is proud to partner with Princeton Consumer Research for a Randomized, Single-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Study
- All Premium CBD Enters the Pain Relief Arena with CBDMEDIC Partnership
- Nutraceuticals & Agriceuticals Technology Company, Inc. Files For Patent Protection For Latest Invention Persimonal™ Persimmon Leaf Exctract- Powder
- Alaska: Memorial Day
- World Humanity Commission Awards Certificate of Appreciation to Kalgidhar Society Baru Sahib for promoting Lessons of Humanity
- edjuster Celebrates Twenty Years of Excellence in Contents Claims Management for Insurers, Adjusters and Policyholders
- Gold City Music announces a NEW CD RELEASE By Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER..."For the Love of You"
- Braeden Lichti: The Complicated World of Biotech Investments in the Era of COVID-19
- Juneau: Celebrating this Memorial Day weekend
- As state reports another COVID-19 case in Juneau, efforts to slow spread are far from over
- Alaska: HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
- Capgemini UK Plc Breaches GDPR Regulations