Contractor Dawson Construction will begin working on site next week. The $25 million project is funded from federal and local sources, and will update infrastructure at the airport, provide energy efficiencies, and modernize the terminal. It will also feature four new art pieces by artists Rachael Juzeler, Alison Marks, Robert Mills, and Crystal Worl.
More on AkGlobe News
- COVID-19: Non-profit Donates Supplies to Dockweiler State Beach Quarantine Zone
- Juneau: BRH and CCFR expand who gets to test for COVID-19
- Fourth case of COVID-19 confirmed in Juneau
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Minimizing coronavirus spread in State offices: Juneau Assembly urges Governor to do more
During construction, the public can expect slight modifications to the airport's layout. The regional air carriers have moved to the end of the old terminal (Terminal Annex) and will have a separate entrance from the main terminal. Please pay attention and abide by wayfinding signage posted throughout the airport. For more details, here is the floor plan for the first floor and the floor plan for the second floor.
The Juneau International Airport and the City and Borough of Juneau thank the public for its patience during the reconstruction.
For more information, contact Juneau International Airport Architect Catherine Fritz at 586-0452 or Catherine.Fritz@jnuairport.com.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- New Study Confirms Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment After Only 10 Days
- Colorado Sustainable Apparel Brand Kastlfel Retools To Raise Funds For Colorado Covid Relief Fund
- Alaska: 🎥📷 3/26 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Third case of COVID-19 confirmed in Juneau
- San Jose Fitness Studio Launches At-Home Accountability Challenge With Proceeds Supporting Local Small Businesses
- Juneau: Now accepting Volunteers and Requests for Assistance
- Juneau: Special Assembly Meeting tonight, March 26, at 6 p.m.
- Medical Equipment Shortages Create Critical Risk on COVID-19 Front Line
- Governor Signs Legislation Expanding Unemployment Benefits and Increasing Internet Speeds for Alaska's Schools
- Juneau: Capital Transit limits bus capacity to nine, implements route adjustments
- Expanded Line of Laboratory Products for COVID-19 Testing Labs Available in New Interactive Flip Page Catalog
- American Equus and Saddlebox Join Forces for North American Distribution
- Qnext achieves Microsoft Application Development Silver Partner competency
- Animated Series "The Weeklings" Burns Up The Multi-Media Universe
- REAL Trends 500 Report Ranks Nation's Largest Real Firms
- Alaska: 🎥 3/25 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Juneau: Update on cold weather shelter at the JACC
- Juneau: State issues mandate on personal care services & restricting gatherings of more than 10
- Juneau: Bartlett Regional Hospital's points of entry
- Juneau: CBJ Utility Division will halt water shutoffs, waive finance charges