During Alaska School Choice Week, students, parents, and community members will participate in 93 events and activities to raise awareness about school choice. These events are some of the 50,000 celebrations — including rallies, roundtable discussions, coffeehouse meet-ups, festivals, school fairs, and more — taking place during National School Choice Week.
National School Choice Week represents the nation's largest ever celebration of educational opportunity, and seeks to raise awareness about the school options parents want for their children.
More on AkGlobe News
- COVID-19: Non-profit Donates Supplies to Dockweiler State Beach Quarantine Zone
- Juneau: BRH and CCFR expand who gets to test for COVID-19
- Fourth case of COVID-19 confirmed in Juneau
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Minimizing coronavirus spread in State offices: Juneau Assembly urges Governor to do more
"We're very glad that Alaska is participating in this celebration of education," said Andrew Campanella, president of National School Choice Week. "We're grateful that Gov. Dunleavy issued the proclamation and we hope School Choice Week's activities leave Alaska families encouraged and informed."
As a nonpartisan, nonpolitical public awareness effort, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for students, families, and communities around the country. From January 26 through February 1, 2020, more than 50,000 independently-planned events will be held in celebration of the Week. For more information, visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com.
For more information, visit schoolchoiceweek.com/alaska.
SOURCE National School Choice Week
Latest on AkGlobe News
- New Study Confirms Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment After Only 10 Days
- Colorado Sustainable Apparel Brand Kastlfel Retools To Raise Funds For Colorado Covid Relief Fund
- Alaska: 🎥📷 3/26 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Third case of COVID-19 confirmed in Juneau
- San Jose Fitness Studio Launches At-Home Accountability Challenge With Proceeds Supporting Local Small Businesses
- Juneau: Now accepting Volunteers and Requests for Assistance
- Juneau: Special Assembly Meeting tonight, March 26, at 6 p.m.
- Medical Equipment Shortages Create Critical Risk on COVID-19 Front Line
- Governor Signs Legislation Expanding Unemployment Benefits and Increasing Internet Speeds for Alaska's Schools
- Juneau: Capital Transit limits bus capacity to nine, implements route adjustments
- Expanded Line of Laboratory Products for COVID-19 Testing Labs Available in New Interactive Flip Page Catalog
- American Equus and Saddlebox Join Forces for North American Distribution
- Qnext achieves Microsoft Application Development Silver Partner competency
- Animated Series "The Weeklings" Burns Up The Multi-Media Universe
- REAL Trends 500 Report Ranks Nation's Largest Real Firms
- Alaska: 🎥 3/25 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Juneau: Update on cold weather shelter at the JACC
- Juneau: State issues mandate on personal care services & restricting gatherings of more than 10
- Juneau: Bartlett Regional Hospital's points of entry
- Juneau: CBJ Utility Division will halt water shutoffs, waive finance charges