One Raven: Painting One Story at a Time is a collection of recent works by Worl depicting stories about Raven and other characters from Tlingit oratory. While the stories Worl shares through her art feature Raven, she also explores subsistence lifestyle in Alaska.
"In Tlingit oratory there are an abundance of stories about Raven's journey to cultural knowledge and values. This exhibition will show a collection of gouache paintings illustrating Raven and other beings in transformation, and other characters in Tlingit stories. The series will also include imagery of subsistence lifestyle in Alaska with formline human and animal figures," Worl says.
More on AkGlobe News
- Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel to Open April 7, 2020
- Author Sara Gordon Shares Her Heartbreak and Perseverance in Emotional New Memoir 'And They Thought I Had It All'
- Alaska: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Nordic countries have the best passports in the World
- IAOP Announces Intuit to Be Honored at OWS2.0 as Winner of the 2020 Global Excellence in Outsourcing Award
One Raven: Painting One Story at a Time is an excellent example of Worl's ability to incorporate both traditional and modern design elements into her work. Deftly blending Tlingit formline design with Athabascan beadwork design, Worl utilizes non-traditional colors, textures, and paint splatters to add a bright, colorful, and "popping" contemporary mood to the collection.
"The purpose of my art is to bring attention to cultural growth and discovery. My creative process is a means to bridge my experiences between two worlds, the traditional worlds of Tlingit, and the modern world. I create art to share my ancestral knowledge of creation and life and to pass on old values to the new generations," explains Worl.
Crystal is Tlingit and Athabascan from Juneau, and Fairbanks, Alaska. Her mother, Beverly Demientieff, is Deg Hit'an Athabascan from Holy Cross, Alaska. Her father, Rodney Worl, is Tlingit from the Thunderbird Clan. Crystal is Raven moiety, Lukaahadi Sockeye Clan, from the Raven House from the Chilkat region of Southeast Alaska. In Crystal's words, "One Raven: Painting One Story at a Time is a collection of work demonstrating my love for Tlingit culture, design, and way of life."
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Thiel College names Anthony Kos, Ph.D. new Business Administration and Accounting Chair
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Mourns Loss of Willow Firefighter
- Alaska: Governor Announces Participation in Roundup Mining Conference
- Audience Serv Indonesia Drives More Direct Bookings In 2020
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- Rape Victim Strikes Back At Janitorial Industry Giant
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Professional Women Need P.O.W.E.R.!
- SeniorMatch.com Enrolls its Millionth Senior Single for Mature Dating
- Linksys And Axiros Enter Into Strategic Partnership
- Axiros Solution Enables WND UK, Sigfox Operator For United Kingdom To Manage CPEs On Their Network
- Belinda Goodrich ranked on Amazon best-seller list with new book, Get It Done: A Simple Process for Finding Harmony by Destroying Your To-Do List
- Actress Alessia Franchin Slated to Play a Lead role in "The Star Machine"
- Governor Dunleavy Unveils Alaska Reads Act
- The OnDemand Venture Capital ™
- Industrial Microwave Machine Manufacturer
- LED Panel Backlit Translucent Material
- Collaboration and Communications Survey Reveals Organizations Dealing With Multiple, Unintegrated Systems
- Genmega Announces New More Flexible Universal Kiosk