Chris McNeil is a Geophysicist with the USGS in Anchorage who has been studying the Lemon Glacier analyzing seventy years of data. For the City Museum's first City Salon event of 2020, McNeil will talk about the Lemon Glacier, the Mendenhall Glacier, and a recent discovery about the Taku Glacier. Discussion will include the history of scientific research on the Juneau Icefield, what it tells us about the cryosphere in Southeast Alaska, and how that research continues to advance science in the 21st century. City Salon is a free City Museum program series centered on community dialogue about local history, culture, art, and literature.
More on AkGlobe News
- Regency DRT acquires Jacksonville Florida restoration company
- The Felix Organization Announces Camp Felix Pride at The Fresh Air Fund
- For Third Year in a Row, Yard Management Solutions Named 2020 MHI Innovation Award Finalist
- iMediate Inc Publishes Video Guide to Child Custody for Fathers and Mothers
- Airlite Plastics Co. Announces the Unification of its Arctic Fox Brand Into KODIAKOOLER®
Then, come to the City Museum on February 21st at 5:30 p.m. for an artist panel discussion titled, Art at the Edge of Climate Change & the Juneau Icefield. This is a free City Museum event.
For the City Museum's second City Salon of 2020, three artists working in different mediums will come together to talk about the importance of art in the discussion about the changing environment of the Juneau Icefield within the larger context of Climate Change. Ben Huff, Hannah Mode, and Annika Ord will sit down with UAS English Professor Kevin Maier to talk about process, their involvement with the Juneau Icefield Program, and the landscape that fuels their art.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting
- Ring Founder, Jamie Siminoff to Deliver Keynote at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- STG Logistics Welcomes Four New Vice Presidents to Sales Team
- Two Dogs Generate Over $100,000 For Critical Surgical Care For Children
- Governor Dunleavy Introduces Alaska Lottery Corporation Act
- Alaska: 📺 Governor Dunleavy on Fox Bussiness
- Juneau: Capital Transit's paratransit service gets new name, new buses, new contact information
- ONE PARK FINANCIAL: One of the "Best and Brightest" Companies in the U.S
- Kratom Prices Are Dropping Even Though FDA and Indonesian Kratom Ban Is Looming in 2024
- New York City Author/Journalist Sues Boeing Over Exploding Boeing 737 Airplane Engine On Southwest Flight 1380
- mPower Technology Accelerates Growth with Expansion of Executive Team and Establishment of San Diego Office
- Bonkers Toys Continues To Lead The Way with YouTube Inspired Toys by Partnering with the Stars of Trinity & Beyond and Braille Skateboarding
- Insightra Medical Inc. launches "The Hernia Alliance"
- Work 365 Introduces more Payment Integrations
- Popular Browser Extension Leaves Beta
- Benchmark Adds FileFlex Enterprise To Its Suite of Cybersecurity Solutions
- Former Xerox and Tektronix President and Three-Time CEO Joins CEO Coaching International
- Arctic IT Appoints Dave Bailey as President and General Manager
- Expanded services focus on CVMG's Patient Experience
- KYOCERA to Showcase Ceramics-Based Medical Technologies at MD&M West Expo, Feb. 11-13 in Anaheim