Chris McNeil is a Geophysicist with the USGS in Anchorage who has been studying the Lemon Glacier analyzing seventy years of data. For the City Museum's first City Salon event of 2020, McNeil will talk about the Lemon Glacier, the Mendenhall Glacier, and a recent discovery about the Taku Glacier. Discussion will include the history of scientific research on the Juneau Icefield, what it tells us about the cryosphere in Southeast Alaska, and how that research continues to advance science in the 21st century. City Salon is a free City Museum program series centered on community dialogue about local history, culture, art, and literature.
More on AkGlobe News
- Pvilion Awarded $1.5 Million USAF Phase II SBIR Contract for Autonomously Deployable Structures
- U.S. Army Awards DiSTI $10M Delivery Order for JLTV Trainers
- VORAGO Technologies announces family expansion and size reduction of radiation-hardened Arm® Cortex® MCUs into BGA packages for Defense and Aerospace
- CU Xpress Lease Expands into Northern California
- Grab 'em by the Microphone! Independent Feature Film To the New Girl Releases on VOD
Then, come to the City Museum on February 21st at 5:30 p.m. for an artist panel discussion titled, Art at the Edge of Climate Change & the Juneau Icefield. This is a free City Museum event.
For the City Museum's second City Salon of 2020, three artists working in different mediums will come together to talk about the importance of art in the discussion about the changing environment of the Juneau Icefield within the larger context of Climate Change. Ben Huff, Hannah Mode, and Annika Ord will sit down with UAS English Professor Kevin Maier to talk about process, their involvement with the Juneau Icefield Program, and the landscape that fuels their art.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- There are three elections in 2020 that Juneau voters may participate in
- Clarity Gold Reported 2.32 oz/t Au - Sent Crews to Three High Grade Gold Properties in BC
- Doctor Develops Personalized Solution to COVID-19 Threat
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Announces a $20M Fintech Venture with Braintree in the Coming Year
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- New Memoir By U.S. Marine: Releasing on Amazon September 06 2020
- Alaska: American Wind Week
- Alaska: Community Health Center Week
- Building Your Success System. Unique New eBook
- Onlive Server Announced Europe based Germany VPS Server Hosting Services with KVM Hypervisor Cloud Panel
- CBJ is reporting seven new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
- Delta Western Opens New Gas Station Near Juneau-Douglas Bridge
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Juneau: Update on UnCruise Adventures
- Juneau: State's revised travel mandate allows Alaskans traveling within state to test at the airport
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge