- New York Young Republican Club Endorses Allen Mashburn For Lieutenant Governor Of North Carolina
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts and Ericka Dunlap Collaborate with Local Nonprofits to Celebrate Diversity at Mahaffey
- Juneau: Free Parking During Gallery Walk 2023
Salt can lead to flaking of concrete, corrosion of metal and harm to plants. To reduce these risks and create a safer environment, there are several tips that should be followed. Firstly, it is important to reduce and choose wisely when using de-icers. Despite conflicting information on the best de-icer, it is generally accepted that less should be used whenever possible. Additionally, salts other than sodium chloride (rock salt) such as calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride or calcium magnesium acetate (CMA) should be used as they are gentler on plants and surroundings.
More on AkGlobe News
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
Preparation is also key when using de-icers; snow should be removed as much as possible before applying de-icer in order to minimize the amount needed and enhance its effectiveness. Additionally, combining de-icer with materials such as sand can provide additional traction and reduce the overall quantity of salt required. Temperature also matters; de-icing materials should not be applied at extremely cold temperatures and if the daily high isn't reaching +5°F then sand should be used instead until warmer weather arrives.
Finally, targeted applications are essential; de-icer should only be applied to walkways while avoiding contact with landscape beds, tree wells or lawns. It is also important to consider where salt-laden runoff water will flow in order to prevent it from draining into plant areas or tree wells.
By following these practices people can contribute towards a safer winter environment while preserving infrastructure and natural elements alike. Responsible salt use ensures safety for all while minimizing environmental impact - a win-win situation for everyone involved. For more information see the Salmon-Safe Information Comparison Info-Sheet.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Juneau: CANCELLED: Water Shut-Off to the Mountainside Estates Neighborhood on Thursday, November 30
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Juneau: Water Shut-Off to the Mountainside Estates Neighborhood on Thursday, November 30
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- UnCruise Adventures Welcomes Monica Sagisi as Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Enhancing Small Ship Adventure Offerings
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October