Currently, 25 cases from the past few weeks are linked to a social gathering that took place at the end of August and is what led CBJ and Public Health to recommend testing to individuals who've recently socialized at a bar. The 25 cases include positive cases of guests that were at the social event, secondary spread to family members, and COVID-19 positive individuals that have no known connection to an infected person but have recently socialized at a bar. To meet demand for the testing recommendation, CBJ stood up a temporary testing facility at Centennial Hall this past weekend, September 11-13, and conducted 678 tests. In total, 935 tests have been done based on the recommendation. Samples were sent to the State of Alaska Public Health Laboratory in Fairbanks. CBJ is likely to report any positive cases from this testing effort starting tomorrow.
More on AkGlobe News
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
Cumulatively, Juneau has had 239 residents test positive for COVID-19 since March and 98 nonresidents. Combined, there are 35 active cases in Juneau and 301 individuals have recovered. All individuals with active cases of COVID-19 are in isolation. There are currently three people with COVID-19 hospitalized at Bartlett Regional Hospital.
Statewide, the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services reports 77 new people with COVID-19 – 75 are residents and two are nonresidents. Alaska has had 6,353 cumulative resident cases of COVID-19 and a total of 917 nonresidents.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Juneau: October 1, 2020 Special Assembly Meeting – Legislation up for Public Hearing
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Alaska: Falls Prevention Awareness Day
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Alaska: 📺🎥 9/22 COVID-19 Town Hall
- CBJ reports three new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- Juneau's 14-day COVID-19 recap: Sept. 7 – Sept. 20
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Fairbanks: 2020 Absentee Voting
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software