- Coldwell Banker Premier Realty Launches Bilingual Division 'Expertos En Casas Nuevas' to Help Las Vegas Latino Community Achieve Homeownership
- CEO Tamara Rabenold acquires 100% ownership of Vaudra International
- Happy Mother's Day-Nadula hair
As Minnesota's Attorney General, he drew national attention in a landmark case before the U.S. Supreme Court that established that indigent criminal defendants have the right to legal counsel.
As a Senator, he was instrumental in the passage of The Fair Housing Act to combat racial discrimination in housing, Title IX to provide more opportunities for women, and numerous laws to protect our environment.
Walter Mondale defined the modern vice presidency, elevating the position into a true partnership with the President. As Vice President, he helped lay the groundwork for the 1978 peace treaty between Egypt and Israel, the Panama Canal Treaty, and nuclear arms negotiations with the Soviet Union.
More on AkGlobe News
- Ironside Human Resources Awarded 2021 Impact Company of The Year Award
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
- First Florida Integrity Bank partners with ATM USA for ATM outsourcing
As the 1984 Democratic nominee for President, he made history when he became the first Presidential nominee of either party to select a woman as his running mate.
In continuing his service as the United States Ambassador to Japan, he became the voice and face of America to that important ally.
For nearly 60 years he had a remarkable partnership with his wife Joan, a devoted advocate for the arts, who passed away in 2014. We mourned when he lost his daughter Eleanor in 2011 and today our Nation's sympathies lie with his sons Ted and William and his six grandchildren.
On a wall at the Carter Center in Atlanta, Georgia, there is a quote from Walter Mondale. It reads, "We told the truth. We obeyed the law. We kept the peace." Walter Mondale did all that and more.
As a mark of respect for Walter Mondale and his life of service to our Nation, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including section 7 of title 4, United States Code, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and on all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.
More on AkGlobe News
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
- CBJ reports one new COVID-19 case in Juneau
- UNI Arlington Inc., DBA: UNIAIRE has been awarded a GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract assisted by Mr. Brian Peterson and Government Marketplace LLC
- Unvaccinated travelers encouraged – not required – to take free COVID-19 test when arriving in Juneau
- Juneau is one of six Alaska communities getting funding from Norwegian Cruise Line
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fifth.
JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries
- ProcessMiner™ Announces Appointment of Dr. Stephen Vasconcellos to Scientific Advisory Board
- Crunchytales® | Smart Stories For Midlife Bloomers
- Announcing Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series
- Screening Eagle joins the Elite Accreditation@SGD Program by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- PIANO SLAM 13 - The Movie! Urban/Classical concert co-presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center & Dranoff 2 Piano with Emmy Award Director Taima Hervas
- Share The Mic in Cyber Campaign Raises over $70k in Grant Funding for Cybersecurity Experts, Prepares for CYBERBASE Network in 2022
- Alaska: Correctional Officers Week
- A new startup wants to change the way we travel with one app
- Alaska: Older Americans Month
- Alaska: Motorcycle and Motor Scooter Awareness Month
- Alaska: Mental Health Awareness Month
- Alaska: Building Safety Month
- Alaska: Aviation Appreciation Month
- Alaska: Water Safety Month
- Alaska: National Historic Preservation Month
- Alaska: Foster Parent Appreciation Month
- CBJ reports seven new COVID-19 cases in Juneau April 29-30
- Governor Dunleavy Ends Alaska COVID-19 Emergency Declaration, Signs House Bill 76