Many Americans vividly recall the precise moment when terrorists killed our fellow Americans at the World Trade Center in New York City; at the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia; and on a quiet field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. A beautiful September morning was marred by stark disbelief, agonizing sorrow, and profound suffering. America's strength, courage, and compassion, however, never wavered. First responders instantly rushed into harm's way to save their fellow Americans from the wreckage of the attacks, the passengers and crew of United Flight 93 decisively fought back and saved countless lives at the cost of their own, and Americans from across the country provided aid, assistance, and comfort to those in need. Against the backdrop of cowardly acts of terror, America once again demonstrated to the world the unmatched strength of our resolve and the indomitable power of our character.
More on AkGlobe News
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Juneau: Blueprint Downtown awarded "Most Innovative Planning Project"
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
This year, I was proud to sign into law the Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act. This bipartisan legislation, named in honor of New York first responders Officer James Zadroga, Firefighter Ray Pfeifer, and Detective Luis Alvarez, permanently reauthorizes compensation for victims and their families, first responders, and those on the front lines of rescue and recovery operations at Ground Zero. Through this legislation, our Nation is fulfilling our sacred duty to those who risked their lives for their fellow Americans on that infamous September day 18 years ago.
Our prayers will continue for the survivors who still bear physical and emotional wounds and for the families who lost loved ones. We also pray for the members of our Armed Forces who risk their lives in service to our country and for the first responders who work tirelessly to ensure the safety of others. Today, let us remember that our Union — forged and strengthened through adversity — will never be broken and that the immeasurable sacrifices of our patriots will never be forgotten.
By a joint resolution approved December 18, 2001 (Public Law 107–89), the Congress has designated September 11 of each year as "Patriot Day."
More on AkGlobe News
- Alaska: Governor Introduces PFD Land Voucher Bill
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- Juneau: Airport terminal reconstruction starts next week
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2019, as Patriot Day. I call upon all departments, agencies, and instrumentalities of the United States to display the flag of the United States at half-staff on Patriot Day in honor of the individuals who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. I invite the Governors of the United States and its Territories and interested organizations and individuals to join in this observance. I call upon the people of the United States to participate in community service in honor of those our Nation lost, to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities, including remembrance services, and to observe a moment of silence beginning at 8:46 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time to honor the innocent victims who perished as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this tenth day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fourth.
DONALD J. TRUMP
Latest on AkGlobe News
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- Juneau: To avoid avalanche danger, avoid avalanche terrain
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Introduces State Lands Bill
- Alaska: 🎥📷 AMHS Press Conference
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Appoints AMHS Working Group Members
- "The Art of Email Security" Book Seeks To Help Companies Improve Their Cybersecurity Culture
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Continues to Push for a Full Statutory 2019 PFD
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Appoints Mike Prax to House District 3 Seat
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
- Juneau: Meet the candidates for TMHS principal Feb. 19 & 20
- Juneau: Deadline to submit comments to Visitor Industry Task Force is Friday, Feb. 21
- ESI Alaska Is Leading Arctic Manufacturing Innovation From Fairbanks
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release