Many Americans vividly recall the precise moment when terrorists killed our fellow Americans at the World Trade Center in New York City; at the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia; and on a quiet field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. A beautiful September morning was marred by stark disbelief, agonizing sorrow, and profound suffering. America's strength, courage, and compassion, however, never wavered. First responders instantly rushed into harm's way to save their fellow Americans from the wreckage of the attacks, the passengers and crew of United Flight 93 decisively fought back and saved countless lives at the cost of their own, and Americans from across the country provided aid, assistance, and comfort to those in need. Against the backdrop of cowardly acts of terror, America once again demonstrated to the world the unmatched strength of our resolve and the indomitable power of our character.
More on AkGlobe News
- CivicScience Names Jack Randall as Chief Commercial Officer
- Alaska: Governor on Shaw Rejection: Senate Appears to Be Pushing Political Litmus Test on PFD
- 📷 Dunleavy Signs Senate Bill 40, Establishes February as Black History Month in Alaska
- Nightstick Launches IS-Certified Dual-Light Rechargeable LED Lanterns
- Autumn in Japan's Ashikaga & Tatebayashi Areas
This year, I was proud to sign into law the Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act. This bipartisan legislation, named in honor of New York first responders Officer James Zadroga, Firefighter Ray Pfeifer, and Detective Luis Alvarez, permanently reauthorizes compensation for victims and their families, first responders, and those on the front lines of rescue and recovery operations at Ground Zero. Through this legislation, our Nation is fulfilling our sacred duty to those who risked their lives for their fellow Americans on that infamous September day 18 years ago.
Our prayers will continue for the survivors who still bear physical and emotional wounds and for the families who lost loved ones. We also pray for the members of our Armed Forces who risk their lives in service to our country and for the first responders who work tirelessly to ensure the safety of others. Today, let us remember that our Union — forged and strengthened through adversity — will never be broken and that the immeasurable sacrifices of our patriots will never be forgotten.
By a joint resolution approved December 18, 2001 (Public Law 107–89), the Congress has designated September 11 of each year as "Patriot Day."
More on AkGlobe News
- Arsenal Recon Releases Major Update to Powerful Digital Forensics Tool
- Intalytics Taps INRIX to Provide Retailers with Best-in-Class Traffic Data for Decision Analysis
- Registration Open: ACI's 10th Annual New York Economic Sanctions Forum Dec. 10-11 New York City
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- Former Samsung President and CEO Philip Sullivan Joins CEO Coaching International
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2019, as Patriot Day. I call upon all departments, agencies, and instrumentalities of the United States to display the flag of the United States at half-staff on Patriot Day in honor of the individuals who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. I invite the Governors of the United States and its Territories and interested organizations and individuals to join in this observance. I call upon the people of the United States to participate in community service in honor of those our Nation lost, to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities, including remembrance services, and to observe a moment of silence beginning at 8:46 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time to honor the innocent victims who perished as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this tenth day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fourth.
DONALD J. TRUMP
Latest on AkGlobe News
- The Native & The Nerd Comedy Tour Comes To Ketchikan
- The Relevancy Group releases The Relevancy Ring 2019 Customer Data Platform (CDP) Buyer's Guide
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
- Work 365 Offers New, Simplified Provisioning for Microsoft Indirect Partners
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- M Accelerator and Black Dog Venture Partners form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Foreign Startups entering the US Market
- Juneau: CBJ is selling the last two lots in South Lena over the counter
- Renowned RFID Expert Joins ELATEC as Innovation Manager
- Phoenix: The Most Autism-Friendly City In The World
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Integration of New Technologies Enhances Underwater Inspection (1 PDH)
- Menke to present at the 2019 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum September 17 -18
- Alaska: United States Constitution Week
- The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, in Tokyo's Hip Shibuya Neighborhood, Will Open Three New Restaurants in Late November 2019
- Work It, Mama: Gugu Guru, KIDBOX and Working Mother Launch "Back to Work" Baby Registry
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Delivery Officer
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Customer Officer