On Tuesday, November 5, Governor Dunleavy spoke at the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute Seafood Trade Luncheon to an audience that included representatives from the major seafood companies operating in Japan and Alaska.
"Alaska's fisheries management is the gold standard of sustainability, a model for the world over, and our healthy seafood will be available for your children and your children's children, just as it will be for our own future generations," said Governor Dunleavy. "The Alaska Seafood Industry and the State of Alaska wish to reaffirm our commitment to the Japanese market and look forward to continuing this long partnership."
The Governor also pledged to work hand in hand with Alaska's congressional delegation and trade representatives in the Trump administration to exclude Alaska seafood from the next phase of tariff negotiations to ensure that Alaska seafood is competitively priced with seafood from other nations.
More on AkGlobe News
- Just 2 Weeks to go Until Military Airlift and Air-to-Air Refuelling 2019
- A New Dream Home Finder Program Is Launched in Beverly Hills
- Can a chiropractor help after a car wreck?
- RestoPro770 Exhibits at Florida's Premier Home Improvement Show
- Poverty Encounter at Children's Hunger Fund to receive international honor: the prestigious TEA Thea Award
Eighty percent of Alaska's seafood is exported to Japan and it is our second largest trading partner. Last year's total exports to Japan were valued at $783 million.
This month marks a unique chapter in the history of both Japan and Alaska. In November 1969, the first shipment of Alaska LNG from the Kenai LNG Terminal arrived at the Negishi LNG Receiving Terminal outside Tokyo. Governor Dunleavy toured the receiving terminal on Wednesday, November 6 with executives from Tokyo Gas.
"The State of Alaska will continue to look at innovative and economic means to commercialize our vast quantities of North Slope gas, to provide cheap clean energy for Alaskans, to create jobs and strengthen the economy of not only Alaska, but our economic partners, like Japan," said Governor Dunleavy. "For decades, Alaska and Japanese citizens, businesses, and our governments have formed relationships through cultural, educational, and economic partnerships. I would like to congratulate our economic and energy partners on 50 years of working together and my sincere wish for a continued prosperous relationship between your country and Alaska."
Governor Dunleavy considered the trade mission to be a success and looks forward to continued good relations between Alaskans and the people of Japan.
Click here for more photos from the Governor and First Lady's Japan trip.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- IntelChief Joins Movement to Shine a Spotlight on Fraud International Fraud Awareness Week, which kicks off Nov. 17, 2019 worldwide
- Appointment of Board Director and CEO, Quantgate Systems Inc. formerly Epcylon Technologies Inc
- NYC Church Takes A Radical Approach To Grief During Thanksgiving Weekend
- GIA Wellness Introduces Two Revolutionary Skin Nourishment Products
- 7pace Releases Timetracker 5 with new Dashboards for Azure DevOps
- DeRonja Real Estate Hires Bradley Congleton
- HoloBuilder Announces Partnership with Boston Dynamics
- CourMed Partners with Expert Logistics Firm To Scale The Delivery of Healthcare Items Nationwide
- Scott Cooper Miami Announces Scholarship Winners
- The Chatman Women's Foundation Gives Financial Support to Local Women
- Fujisan Mishima Tokyu Hotel to Open by Mt. Fuji in June 2020 ... Reservations Being Accepted from December 3, 2019!
- Newest Digital Media Solutions Office Named Top Workplace In San Diego
- Serpmart Digital Marketing, Wholesale Web Design and Digital Marketing Services For Businesses That Want Growth
- Hurdle Realty Celebrates Half a Century of Bringing Home the American Dream
- Singapore FinTech Festival 2019 Reinvents IT industry
- Alaska: Governor Appoints Mel Gillis for House District 25 Seat
- PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones
- Competitive Financial Solutions for Business Development
- Alaska: Dunleavy Receives Department of Revenue Commissioner's Resignation