- Detroit's Jackets for Jobs Turns the Tide on the 'Big Quit' and Toxic Workplaces Winning Best Place to Work 4 Years in A Row
- State reports 27 new COVID-19 cases for Juneau
- FirstHand, the Podcast, Explores Alaska's Gravel Highway and Ice Roads & More with DOT Commissioner Ryan Anderson
WHEREAS, Alaska is known for being a world leader of fish and wildlife management; and
WHEREAS, so many Alaskans rely on hunting and fishing to fill their freezers, pantries and dinner plates and to provide for their families every year; and
WHEREAS, sportsmen and women in Alaska were among the first conservationists to support the establishment of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) to conserve fish, wildlife, and their habitat; and
WHEREAS, the ADF&G is funded primarily by hunters and anglers, through the American System of Conservation Funding – a "user pays – public benefits" structure in which those who consumptively use the resource pay for its conservation. An approach that is widely recognized as the most successful model of fish and wildlife management in the world; and
More on AkGlobe News
- Alaska: Proclamation on the Death of General Colin Powell
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
WHEREAS, the more than 600,000 resident and non-resident hunters and anglers in Alaska support the state's economy contributing to jobs, tourism growth, and local communities while engaged in their pursuits; and
WHEREAS, since 1972, National Hunting and Fishing Day has celebrated and recognized hunters and anglers for their contributions to fish and wildlife conservation, and their support of science-based fish and wildlife management.
NOW THEREFORE, I, Mike Dunleavy, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF ALASKA, do hereby proclaim September 25, 2021 as:
Hunting and Fishing Day
in Alaska, and encourage all Alaskans to recognize hunters, anglers, and conservationists for their immense contributions to fish and wildlife management in Alaska.
Dated: September 25, 2021
Latest on AkGlobe News
- George Stieglitz - Century Fasteners Corp. Co-Founder and Fastener Industry Trailblazer, Dies
- New book argues Book of Revelation portrays the Moses of the Pentateuch as the False Prophet
- FCTI, Inc. Announces New President
- Euro Note Souvenir releases commemorative note of IRA revolutionary Bobby Sands
- Juneau: Canvass Review Board certifies CBJ's 2021 Regular By-Mail Municipal Election
- State reports 87 new COVID-19 cases for Juneau Oct. 16 thru 18 & 66 deaths statewide
- Juneau: Have thoughts about CBJ developing a new City Hall? Take a short survey.
- Juneau: Watch COVID-19 Community Update today, Oct. 19 at 4 p.m.
- Today is Alaska Day, a State Holiday, Monday, Oct. 18
- Juneau Public Libraries extend hours starting Monday, Oct. 25
- Legacy Book on Managing Conflict and Change by Co-creator of the TKI
- Health IT Leadership Award Presented to Dr. Kishlay Anand, President of Apricus Health at 2021 Health Current Summit
- Coming In Hot: Fintech Is Growing, And So Is USAM Group!
- The Charming, Well-Preserved "Little Edo" Town of Koedo Kawagoe, is Even More Compelling in the Brilliance of Mid-November Autumn Foliage
- Georgia Plastic first to accept Cryptocurrency for Cosmetic Procedures in Georgia
- Alaska Day
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania Named a Bird Town by The National Audubon Society
- Kansas City Area – Johnson County Real Estate Agent Promotes Promotes Homes to More Buyers for More Money
- Alaska Territorial Guard Day
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation