The dollars will directly help a group that is experiencing substance use disorders who will be required to remain in their isolation location.
Proactively supporting the complex symptoms of withdrawal will significantly impact efforts to successfully isolate and quarantine individuals.
"Fighting the spread of Covid-19 in Alaska is a priority for this administration," said Governor Mike Dunleavy. "And these dollars will help Catholic Social Services help the individuals at Brother Francis Shelter who need to stay in one place to get healthy."
More on AkGlobe News
- Juneau: General Election Polling places in CBJ facilities will be open on Nov. 3
- Dunleavy Secures New Supplies, Equipment, Facilities to Fight Covid-19 in Alaska
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Governor Dunleavy welcomes final creation of Alaska Roadless Rule
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
"This is welcomed news," said Catholic Social Services Chief Executive Officer, Lisa Aquino. "Homelessness is a complex issue and people experiencing homelessness have many challenges. In this time of Covid – 19, having support to provide resources and choices to people struggling with substance misuse and homelessness is so important. "
The funding will allow the Division of Behavioral Health to support and provide resources to ensure these needs are met.
This money is being received through the AK Community Foundation from AK CARES funds.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- CBJ reports 14 new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- A Comprehensive Discussion at Offshorecorptalk.com Reveals Anonymous Cryptocurrencies
- Entrinsik Dominates in BARC – BI & Analytics 2021 Survey
- Tryp Technologies Inc Launching Delivery Service, TripDelivers in Nashville, TN
- Americans Bombarded by 9.4 Billion Political Robocalls This Year, Says Nomorobo Report
- Precision Wins US HHS HubZone Showcase #3 SPOTLIGHT
- CBJ reports 34 new COVID-19 cases in Juneau Oct. 24-26
- Juneau: COVID-19 Housing Assistance: Applications open Tuesday & information session Wednesday
- Changes to Juneau airport COVID-19 testing go into effect Tuesday, Oct. 27
- Beacon Media + Marketing Grows Creative Team With Fresh Local Talent
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed
- Peter Schiff's Bank Service to Criminals as Per the Tax Probe Triggers Sizzling Reactions at OffshoreCorpTalk.com
- Alovéa Partners with National Health Share in CELL-A-BRATE Health Project
- CBJ reports 10 new COVID-19 cases in Juneau