WHEREAS, driving while impaired endangers the lives and safety of everyone using public roadways and annually claims the lives of thousands of men, women, and children. The consequences of drunk driving are severe, but entirely avoidable by simply choosing not to get behind the wheel while impaired; and
WHEREAS, alcohol-impaired driving remains a commonly committed crime and a leading cause of death nationwide, permanently scarring countless families, loved ones, and communities; and
WHEREAS, all alcohol-related driving accidents can be prevented through the exercise of good judgement and personal responsibility. Every Alaskan can play a role in reducing the frequency of these incidents by speaking out and warning others of the dangers associated with impaired driving, taking away the keys of would-be drivers they know to be intoxicated, and reminding drivers they are riding with to stay focused on the road and to limit distractions; and
More on AkGlobe News
- CBJ is reporting seven new COVID-19 cases in Juneau
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- Why We Need More Black Executives in Hip Hop? by Eric B
- Delta Western Opens New Gas Station Near Juneau-Douglas Bridge
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
WHEREAS, we remember and honor the lives of the Victims of Drunk Driving whose lives were cut tragically short. We recognize that all life is precious, and it is crucial that all Alaskans protect their own lives, and the lives of their fellow Alaskans, by choosing to not drink and drive.
NOW THEREFORE, I, Mike Dunleavy, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF ALASKA, do hereby proclaim July 3, 2020 as:
Drunk Driving Victims' Remembrance Day
in Alaska, and encourage all Alaskans to honor the victims of drunk driving accidents by committing to safe decisions and not driving while impaired, or allowing someone else to.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Complete Your Project on Time and on Budget with Rental Equipment from ESI
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- UnCruise announces COVID-19 case onboard; ship returning early to Juneau Wednesday morning
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- Alaska: 📺🎥 8/4 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Juneau: School year starts Aug. 24 with distance learning. Learn more at Wednesday's public forum.
- Juneau: CBJ distributing free cloth masks this Thursday & Friday
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Exclusive Series Screening: Toni Thai Has Us Step Into The Girl's Room with "Potty Break"
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic