"This has been a difficult situation for everyone – individual Alaskans have been hurt economically, businesses have been hurt economically. We're going to do all we can to get that going in the right direction," said Governor Dunleavy. "As a result, we're going to move up the date for the PFD for Alaskans to July 1st. Usually that goes out in October, but we're in extraordinary times and we need to make sure the people of Alaska have cash in their hands to help with this economy. I can't think of a better time to do it than now. We're starting the process right now so come July 1st, we're going to be sending out the Permanent Fund checks to all Alaskans that qualify and are eligible."
More on AkGlobe News
- Santia Deck Makes History Again; First Woman Athlete To Own Sneaker Company
- Alaska: Drunk Driving Victims' Remembrance Day
- The House Used by General George Washington at Valley Forge Still Stands Today
- Juneau: JPD releases video and photos of Dec. 2019 officer involved shooting
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
As of May 20, 2020, the Permanent Fund Dividend Division has received 671,364 PFD applications and 85 percent of applicants' eligibility has been determined. The Division estimates nearly 600,000 Alaskans will receive payment on July 1st. Because not all applicants will be determined by June 19, 2020, Alaskans may receive payments July 23rd, August 20th, or subsequent months thereafter. The division pays dividends monthly until all eligible Alaskans are paid.
Additional information may be made available at https://pfd.alaska.gov/.
Media Contact: Jeff Turner, email@example.com (907) 310-4961
Latest on AkGlobe News
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client Jamie Donnelly on CFO of the Year Award
- Celebrating the Fourth of July safely in Juneau
- Juneau: 50th Anniversary of the Unification of CBJ
- Alaska: 🎥📷 6/30 COVID-19 Press Briefing
- Juneau: Household Hazardous Waste Facility & Recycling Center altered holiday weekend hours
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- Alaska: Governor Dunleavy Announces Two Judicial Appointees
- Braeden Lichti - What's the Outlook for Biopharma in 2020?
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- Of Alaska's 36 new resident COVID-19 cases, Juneau has one
- Juneau's Fourth of July fireworks show is not happening
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- StingHD Announces Instagram Giveaway To Celebrate Move Of Headquarters To Boca Raton
- Palm Beach Dentist Dr. Mitchell Josephs Honored with Alpert JFS Volunteer Award