- Detroit's Jackets for Jobs Turns the Tide on the 'Big Quit' and Toxic Workplaces Winning Best Place to Work 4 Years in A Row
- State reports 27 new COVID-19 cases for Juneau
- FirstHand, the Podcast, Explores Alaska's Gravel Highway and Ice Roads & More with DOT Commissioner Ryan Anderson
There are 12 total deaths associated with Juneau – 11 residents (two died out of state) and one nonresident (death occurred outside Juneau). CBJ is reporting the new deaths based on hospital reporting; DHSS has not reported them yet.
Please note: CBJ inaccurately reported an additional death on September 24 – a male Juneau resident in his 60s. CBJ had already reported this death on August 11. CBJ regrets the error and any confusion it may have caused.
More on AkGlobe News
- Alaska: Proclamation on the Death of General Colin Powell
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
There are currently six people with COVID-19 hospitalized at Bartlett Regional Hospital.
The Juneau School District reports four new individuals who've tested positive for COVID-19 and were infectious while in school:
- One at Yaakoosgé Daakahídi High School (no classes quarantined as a result)
- Two at Thunder Mountain High School (no classes quarantined as a result)
- One at Riverbend Elementary (one classroom quarantined as a result)
COVID-19 cases related to schools are posted on juneauschools.org (click on the green "COVID-19 Cases" block).
Statewide, the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services reports 4,025 new people identified with COVID-19 in the past three days – 3,878 are residents and 147 are nonresidents. The state also reports 21 deaths that occurred from July to September – 18 resident deaths and three nonresident deaths – bringing the total number of resident deaths to 532 and nonresident deaths to 21. Alaska has had 106,976 cumulative resident cases of COVID-19 and a total of 4,716 nonresidents.
Latest on AkGlobe News
- George Stieglitz - Century Fasteners Corp. Co-Founder and Fastener Industry Trailblazer, Dies
- New book argues Book of Revelation portrays the Moses of the Pentateuch as the False Prophet
- FCTI, Inc. Announces New President
- Euro Note Souvenir releases commemorative note of IRA revolutionary Bobby Sands
- Juneau: Canvass Review Board certifies CBJ's 2021 Regular By-Mail Municipal Election
- State reports 87 new COVID-19 cases for Juneau Oct. 16 thru 18 & 66 deaths statewide
- Juneau: Have thoughts about CBJ developing a new City Hall? Take a short survey.
- Juneau: Watch COVID-19 Community Update today, Oct. 19 at 4 p.m.
- Today is Alaska Day, a State Holiday, Monday, Oct. 18
- Juneau Public Libraries extend hours starting Monday, Oct. 25
- Legacy Book on Managing Conflict and Change by Co-creator of the TKI
- Health IT Leadership Award Presented to Dr. Kishlay Anand, President of Apricus Health at 2021 Health Current Summit
- Coming In Hot: Fintech Is Growing, And So Is USAM Group!
- The Charming, Well-Preserved "Little Edo" Town of Koedo Kawagoe, is Even More Compelling in the Brilliance of Mid-November Autumn Foliage
- Georgia Plastic first to accept Cryptocurrency for Cosmetic Procedures in Georgia
- Alaska Day
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania Named a Bird Town by The National Audubon Society
- Kansas City Area – Johnson County Real Estate Agent Promotes Promotes Homes to More Buyers for More Money
- Alaska Territorial Guard Day
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation